An anticipated vacancy exists for an Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel Services.
- NYS Administrative (SDL or SDA) certification.
- 3+ years of successful experience as a building and/or district administrator.
- Special Education Teacher, School Counselor, Social Worker, Psychologist or Speech Teacher preferred.
- Strong understanding of the role of the CSE Chairperson and experience leading meetings.
- Interpretation and applications of current Federal and NYS Law and Commissioner's Regulations regarding special education and student support services.
- Experience with staff supervision and knowledge of APPR regulations.
- A child-centered philosophy, with proven ability as a rigorous academic leader, innovative planner and effective communicator.
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Supervision of the Administrator and Assistant Administrators for Special Education, Administrator for Guidance and Support Services, Central Registration and others.
- Administration of all programs related to Pupil Personnel services including but not limited to Special Education and Special Services, 504 plans, Guidance Services, etc.
- Determines instructional personnel needs for special education and prepares staffing plan.
- Develops District guidelines and procedures to implement all special education laws and regulations.
- District-wide evaluation, planning and implementation of all Special Education/Special Services programs and activities throughout the school year and summer.
- Supervises and evaluates the various professional, clerical and support staff assigned to the Special Education program. Evaluations may be assigned to other administrators.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates the Speech and Language Therapists of the district. Evaluations may be assigned to other administrators.
- Prepares and presents the proposed Special Education budget on an annual basis.
- Serves as the Title IX Coordinator and investigates complaints.
- Coordinates Superintendent's Hearings and serves as Hearing Officer.
- Prepares reports for NYSED and other agencies.
TITLE: Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel Services
EFFECTIVE: July 1, 2020
APPLY BY: May 12, 2020
Applications for the above position are to be made by submitting a cover letter including the posting number, two professional references and a resume on OLAS. Applications will only be accepted via OLAS, please do not mail or email applications. Candidates who do not meet all the above qualifications, with the exception of the certification requirement but feel otherwise qualified are invited to apply.