An anticipated vacancy exists for a Director for Social Studies K-12.
- NYS School District Administration (SDL or SDA) certification and Social Studies Teacher (7-12).
- Knowledgeable in the area of current trends and practices in both Social Studies education and the K-12 New York State Social Studies Learning Standards, including the New York State K-12 Social Studies Framework.
- Demonstrated experience providing a full range of effective Social Studies education services at the elementary and secondary level.
- Knowledge/experience implementing district-wide Social Studies programs.
- Five or more years of successful experience as a teacher of Social Studies.
- Experience with staff supervision and knowledge of APPR regulations.
- A child-centered philosophy, with proven ability as a rigorous academic leader, innovative planner and effective communicator.
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of having participated in education improvement work within a school building and/or in a district basis within the last two years.
- Experience in the development and evaluation of curriculum.
- Experience with scheduling at the secondary level.
- Supervision of the K-12 Social Studies program.
- Provide professional development for data-informed instruction, NYS Standards, curriculum, etc.
- Assist with the administration and supervision of instructional programs and activities with building administrators including observations, staffing, curriculum planning, etc.
- Other activities as assigned by the Executive Director of Curriculum.
TITLE: Director of Social Studies
EFFECTIVE: July 1, 2020
APPLY BY: May 12, 2020
Applications for the above position are to be made by submitting a cover letter including the posting number, two professional references and a resume on OLAS. Candidates who do not meet all the above qualifications with the exception of the certification requirement but feel otherwise qualified are invited to apply.