Anticipated vacancies exist for Secondary Assistant Principals.
- NYS Administrative (SAS, SBL or SDA) certification.
- 3+ years of successful administrative and secondary level experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in secondary education.
- Experience with staff APPR and student supervision.
- A child-centered philosophy, with proven ability as a rigorous academic leader, innovative planner and effective communicator.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of successful administrative experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in staff supervision and use of NYSUT Rubric for APPR.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NYS learning standards and assessments with ability to use data to inform decision making and target instruction in order to strengthen student achievement.
- Experience working as a bilingual administrator and working with ENL programs.
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Participation in planning and decision making that advances the educational interests of school programs.
- Implementation of professional development programs for building staff.
- Development of effective building safety, emergency and disaster procedures, including safety inspection and drill practice activities.
- Development and successful implementation of the building master schedule.
- Commitment to active parent involvement and promotion of respect for all members of the school community.
- Commitment to the academic, social and emotional success of all students.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of a professional learning community.
TITLE: Secondary Assistant Principal
SALARY: As per SSAA Contract
LOCATION: Great Hollow Middle School & Smithtown High School West
EFFECTIVE: July 1, 2020
APPLY BY: May 12, 2020
Applications for the above positions are to be made by submitting a cover letter including the posting number, two professional references and a resume on OLAS to: Neil D. Katz, Assistant Superintendent for Personnel. Applications will only be accepted via OLAS, please do not mail or email applications. Candidates who do not meet all the above qualifications, with the exception of the certification requirement but feel otherwise qualified are invited to apply.