Due to a recent retirement, an Assistant Principal position is available at the Eastport South Manor Junior Senior High School.
School District Leader Certification (SBL)
2-5 years building leadership experience
- Serve as the instructional leader in the school, administer the daily operations, and supervise
the activities of the faculty and students.
- Proactively address student behavior, counsel students regarding
acceptable school conduct utilizing a progressive discipline approach.
- Direct the activities of the staff and students and ensure a safe, positive culture, and smooth
functioning environment conducive to learning.
- Working in collaboration with the
principal and other building leaders, assist in the development of the master schedule.
- Collaborate with the building leadership to supervise all professional and nonprofessional staff as assigned.
- Assist the Principal with the development of the annual budget.
- Serve on various committees to represent the junior senior high school at the direction of the Principal.
- Implement student achievement improvement efforts as required by state, federal regulations and as directed by the district.
- Collaborate with district wide administration team regarding new or changing instructional
methods, materials, strategies, and programs.
- Work/meet with other administrators and staff to foster and participate in team
collaboration and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the administrative team to coordinate personnel selection processes for
secondary level interviews.
- Act as the DASA Coordinator for the junior senior high school.